Is This Price Crazy?

Alpine Paradise

Yes.  They're crazy.  That's the, "I don't really want to sell it, but if you're fool enough", price. 

That truck has been listed on Cars.com for years.  Seem to recall a CC member saying they spoke with the

owner, who also owns the dealership or some such thing.  They don't really want to sell it.

For reference, that's about 10% less than what that truck cost brand new.

The only MJ worth $15,000 is one at a Barrett-Jackson auction. Our trucks aren't worth that much.

Did inflation really go up that much from the late 80s? I seem to remember on an ad somewhere they sold for around $8,000. Won't be long until our dollar is worthless.. 

I have been to this used car dealership and seen the truck. It is by no means a $15,000 truck. Paint cracking on the flares, knob missing off the window crank on passenger side, interior needs a good cleaning, etc. Didn't pop the hood or crawl under it, but could tell it wasn't worth anywhere near that money without doing so. The salesman I spoke to said was the dealership owner's truck and he did not want to sell it, just use it as a way to get people into his dealership

I've got an 88 Olympic Edition the same color with 55,000 less miles on it. Nothing is missing off the truck and it looks better than this one. I finished it up this summer and I've got a total of about $5000.00 into it. This guy is smokin' rope asking 15,000.00+. As for base price in Oct. 1985 I bought a 1st year MJ 2.5L auto 2x4 LB for $6600.00 from Pepe Jeep in Millville NJ. We still have that truck. Doing just fine! I am unable to post pics on this forum but I will put these 2 pics on Facebook. Alpine, if have the ability, could you grab the two shots and post em here?

Archived