unhappiness

87manche

it's a d35, I should have replaced it from the start, I just wanted it to last through the summer.

it's geared 3.73.

I'm calling yards right now about 3.73 geared 8.8's.

unfortunately the going rate seems to be about $300 for one that's complete with calipers.

I can get them for $100 without the calipers, but calipers are $70(!) if you don't have a core to turn in, and the $100 ones don't have the brackets either, the brackets are another $30 a piece.

That said, who wants to buy my full detroit for a D35.

locker still works, I function tested it last night.

$100 get's the locker.

I can get you one out of the 'yard down here for about $100, and get it to Steubenville, but I'm not coming up to PA until early June. If you can get by until then.....I'll swap you for your locker :D

Jeff

problem is that I've got a few large wheeling trips planning in june, or else I'd for sure take you up on that offer.

I've got a guy local to me that's pulling his 8.8 out of his explorer, he offfered it to me complete for $150.

I'm going to put my 3.07 geared d35 in the MJ, until he get's that axle out in may.

at least that's the plan.

Marshalls has them for $90.

Came with the calipers when I got it back on Nov. and you can turn in your D35 on it. Your not more then a few hours away from them.

Charles

is that the big pick n pull south of columbus?

The goal is to swap in my 3.07 geared one this weekend, so I can drive it, and then go and get an 8.8

If what you're saying is true I will call them. Do you have the number by chance?

I'd be interested in the locker if it's around after the wheeling and dealing. :D

locker is up for sale, I've not pulled it yet since the axle is under the truck, but it's in decent shape. I'll get pictures this weekend when I pull the carrier.

Amazingly enough the locker still works just fine. I initially thought it was the detroit that failed, so I function checked it before I pulled the cover.

NO not a pick - n - pull, they will load it in your truck for that price :D Here is the link, I do 90% of all my used stuff with them as they are only 11 miles away :cheers:

http://www.marshallsautoparts.com/

Charles

I just called them, he said $100, no warranty, and it doesn't come with calipers or caliper brackets.

I can get that 15 miles from me, but the calipers and mounting brackets are pricey items if you don't have cores.

Maybe I need to have you call

don't know who I talked to.

but I asked if they came with calipers and caliper brackets, he told me no.

not really concernd with the warranty, but I don't want to buy new brake stuff, exploder rear brakes will cost $200 for the brackets and calipers.

Let me check today,

I got a 8.8 back in Nov for the MJ with everything for $90

Front axle missing the caliper and axle on one side for $30 in Nov

And another axle for a Astro van for a guy at work with everythig for $90 in Feb.

Charles

man, sounds like they hook up locals that go in. Guy I talked to really didn't sound like he wanted to talk on the telephone.

If it's less than $150 with the calipers and everything I would take one.

Not to be picky, but see if you can't find out if it's open carrier out LS, I'd rather have an open carrier so I can put an aussie in it.

Don't talk to Casey.

I see eight 3.73 8.8s they list as "complete". The ones labeled D4 should be the posi ones. Whatever you do, demand that they pop the cover so you can inspect it on the spot. The one time I didn't do that, I bought an axle that was in a crash and had a bent shaft. :( But every axle I've purchased from them has been complete with brakes. I was actually planning a trip down to them for some other parts. What city were you in? Maybe I can bring it to you. :D

Don't talk to Casey.

I see eight 3.73 8.8s they list as "complete". The ones labeled D4 should be the posi ones. Whatever you do, demand that they pop the cover so you can inspect it on the spot. The one time I didn't do that, I bought an axle that was in a crash and had a bent shaft. :( But every axle I've purchased from them has been complete with brakes. I was actually planning a trip down to them for some other parts. What city were you in? Maybe I can bring it to you. :D

I'm in ashland, right on 71. You'll pass right by me.

that's what i didn't get, they list them as complete, but he told me no brakes.,

yeah I may take you up on that, it would save me the trip down there, and give me time to put my spare d35 under the manche on saturday.

You want to stop by here and pickup cash first, or pay you when you drop it off?

You're welcome to pick through the parts pile outback as well, got some stock springs and such back there.