another lift question.

i've been toying with the idea of lifting my comanche since i got it. i'm wondering what suggestions any of you have aside from like $1,100 RE or the $1,000 rough country. i wanna go anywhere from 3-6 inches. i can most likely pull the funds to buy the RE of rough country but i'd like opinions on other good quality lifts that range in that height that don't hit the $1,000 range. or even make a bastard kit from different dealers and what not. thanks in advance

you can getr a 3" lift from Rough Country for about $250 or so. Or you can go with the SOA in the back and then lift the front to match from what ever dealer you want. If you go SOA you will need different UCA and LCA longer brake lines shocks and so on. Check out some of the project here and you will find there are a lot of option out there.

i have adjustable rought country control arms. 160 for uppers 160 for lowers. 6.5'' rustys coils 150. rough country brakelines - 65. drop pitman arm - 60. shocks - 100 (est). and thats about it for the front. total - 710.

the rear you could do a SOA with tnt customs ubolt eleminators in the smallest size. at about 160 shipped. and nothing will hang below your axle, and have 5-7'' lift with the stock spring packs (depending on the condtion of your springs). the pearches are long to prevent axles wrap and come with new shock mounts. and rear shocks about 100

so total price is 970. and that is a really decent system.

Jared did you throw in the adjustable track bar and steering stabilzer as well - 150 bucks to the 710 then add my D44 100 bucks and 80 bucks to move the spring perches driveshaft work and ujoints.

Yea 1100 sounds about right but I would not change a thing that I did by scrounging through the junkyards and combining different parts from different mfg's as I have learned so much and had a great time with my dad along the way, but if you are going higher than 4" I would consider going the full blown longarm suspension as I think the overall result is probably better than the setup that I have now.

You get what you pay for...buy a lesser kit and then buy all the missing pieces and the price genreally exceeds what the price of a complete kit would have cost.

I lifted my MJ piece meal...by the time I was done I saved NOTHING!!

My brother-in-law is beginning to lift his... He is going RE 5.5 and getting 99% of what he needs first shot!!

Just my humble opinion...

CW

i've been toying with the idea of lifting my comanche since i got it. i'm wondering what suggestions any of you have aside from like $1,100 RE or the $1,000 rough country. i wanna go anywhere from 3-6 inches. i can most likely pull the funds to buy the RE of rough country but i'd like opinions on other good quality lifts that range in that height that don't hit the $1,000 range. or even make a bastard kit from different dealers and what not. thanks in advance

I've still got a rough country AAL kit for sale in the classifieds.

Brand new in the box. The son wrecked the MJ (Twice) before we put it on.

Now I'm just trying to get rid of it.

Make me an offer.