Any advice or write ups on how to do a remove and install the entire dash assembly in our MJs?  Mine is cracked up from 28 years of heat and sun.  I am taking the dash out of an '88 XJ as it is not cracked or damaged.  Wasn't sure how much work is involved or if there's anything special I need to know before starting...

The HVAC system has a bunch of flappers in the ducts behind/under the dash, and they are all controlled by vacuum. Pay close attention to where each vacuum line runs and what it connects to. I suggest using pieces of masking tape, and marke each side (the tube and the fitting) for each connection with a letter code (A-A, B-B, C-C, etc.) to keep it all straight. While it's open, check the vacuum hoses for cracks and splits. And while the dash is out I strongly recommend replacing the heater core (and a/c coil, if you have a/c). If you don't, WHEN (not if) they fail you'll be removing the dash again to replace it/them.

No need to remove the dash to replace the heater core/AC. I've done it a couple times. Granted removing the dash can make life easier but its not required. Just loosen the passenger side of the dash so you have enough play in it to remove the heater box.