I dont want to jynx it....

Twisty

but I'm going to look at another MJ today. 1986 long bed 2x4 with the 2.8L. looks to be an alright truck...but he said it will need some work to make it reliable.

Going to look at it at 5:00 today. I can't wait.

yVGxvYMgFrQ2suUhmLfEfCFfxyoV.jpg

possibly. the 2.8 ran really well, and sounded perfect! for now, it will probobly sit next to the other MJ, and wait till the 88 is done. then I will be fixing the trans problem (clutch doesnt work) and fixing the rust on the floor boards, and rocker pannels. my XJ is getting up there in miles, and i might have the new MJ be another DD.

unless I get a free/cheap 3.4 and axle/trans/TC it will stay as is.

:cheers:

I don't know why I didnt see this, or know that you were buying it... Congrats on your purchase! Could you swap parts between the MJ's to get your 4x4 tranny working with out the star ship enterprize's control panel?

8)

Naw, I like my shifter!!

This one has the 2.8L V6, and I don't know what tranny AX5 (its a manual)? The clutch doesn't work, and needs to be shifted w/o the clutch. The seller took me for a quick buzz up and down the street to show me that it ran and somewhat shifted.

Its going to need new floors, and rocker panels. After that and a transmission fix, I think it will be a fun truck!

Mitch, when I get it I'll make a special thread with pics on the club forum.

ba10 is for the 4.0

the manual trans options for the 2.8 and the 2.5 were the ax5 (5 speed manual), the T5 (similar 5 speed manual...resorted to because of a shortage in ax5's), the ax4 (4 speed manual identical to the ax5 minus 5th gear), and the t4 (4 speed manual, same reason as the t5)

if you have a 5 speed you most likely have an ax5 but could possibly have a t5. if it's a 4 speed then it's a ax4 or possibly a t4.

:popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: :redX: :redX: :redX: :redX: :redX: :redX: :popcorn: :popcorn: :popcorn: jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :chillin: :chillin: :chillin: :nuts: :nuts: :nuts:

Gawd I've only had it 14 hours and it already decided to drain the battery and refuse to start. I put a known good and charged battery in it and *click*. Pics are uploading now.

Try cleaning your battery cables, my '89 did that to me ... it was corrosion on the cables themselves. Little stiff brush and baking soda solution worked wonders.

edit - wow you got a lot of wires, could be anything draining it I suppose.

I've done that, but I will go do it again just be be sure that the terminals are not the problem :cheers: .

It wasn't the terminals for me, but actually the cables. PO put on aftermarket cable crimps for the battery and the cables themselves turned green. Had to dissemble them and clean the actual exposed cable, about 1 inch. Then she cranked over.