Are Comanche Buckets Worth $150?

I can get 4-door XJ buckets all day at the JY for $25 each.  The ones in my MJ are clean XJ 2 door seats...and I mounted them on my bench seat brackets (as Pete said...same bracket)...so $150, for ripped 4 door buckets that don't fold forward, not for my money...BUT, I'm sure there is someone out there who doesn't know how to do the swapping and has more money than brai...er...I mean time.

You need MJ brackets because of the topography of the floor...which is completely different than the topography of the XJ floor...regardless of the seats.  With MJ brackets you could very well adapt just about any seat that would fit with...like you said, some ingenuity, and flat or angle stock and some nuts and bolts.  Without the brackets, nothing will sit flat at the top of the bracket.

The disadvantage to 4-door XJ seats is that they don't fold forward. MJ seats, and 2-door XJ seats, do fold forward. You can always swap the upholstery from the XJ seats onto the MJ frames -- you'll just have to cut a small slit for the lever that releases the backs to fold forward.

Is that worth $150? I dunno -- that's a very subjective call, and while it might be a good deal for one person, it might not be a good deal for someone else.

Invest $300 to $400 in a MIG welder (you want one, anyway) and fab some brackets to mount almost any seats you want into your MJ. It may take a couple of tries to get it exactly like you want it. If you already have 4 door XJ buckets, you can use them until you find some two door buckets, either MJ/XJ or something else.