Gas Gauge/sending Unit

I've heard that with a HO sending unit in my tank in a Renix jeep, my gas gauge won't read correctly. If I have the HO sending unit in my tank, can I just replace the Renix era gas gauge with one from a high output gauge cluster, or will that not work either?

I think I'm just gonna pull the gas gauge out of the cluster and make an aftermarket one fit in there. I'm planning on going to full aftermarket gauges eventually anyway. Thank you though.

If you end up changing your mind and getting a different sending unit, I'll buy the 91-92 HO unit from you. Mine is leaking and so far no response to the wanted request in the classifieds.

Thanks

I think I'm just gonna pull the gas gauge out of the cluster and make an aftermarket one fit in there. I'm planning on going to full aftermarket gauges eventually anyway. Thank you though.

If you end up changing your mind and getting a different sending unit, I'll buy the 91-92 HO unit from you. Mine is leaking and so far no response to the wanted request in the classifieds.

Thanks

I'll definitely let you know if I do. I haven't been able to find a renix era one out here at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks

I'll definitely let you know if I do. I haven't been able to find a renix era one out here at all.

Just throwing this out there for others who might make the rookie mistake I did over Memorial Day weekend.  I pulled my sending unit because it did not seal and would leak gas if the tank was filled.  Low and behold, the wire to the rheostat was compromised (it was hanging by a thread and read inaccurately anyway).  So now, finding out that none are available unless I score one from a forum member, I am driving a truck with an inoperable gas gauge.  Hail to the engineer among us who can find some other sending unit that can be rigged to the fuel pump!