The Ultimate Mj W/xj Conversion

GirsMJ86

I've never seen this thing around here, even did a quick search that turned up nothing just to be sure. Everyone behold the ultimate MJ with XJ conversion that should be used as the ultimate persuasion to get Jeep to build a true truck again...

http://kateindeed.deviantart.com/gallery/?q=jeep

Now uh, if you'll excuse me, cold shower time.

Sweet, there is a thread. Was odd nothing popped up for me when I did a search. Think I got 5 topics and they had nothing to do with an MJ, just the transformers movie. lol

Thanks Alexia, got the links. I suppose this topic could be deleted then.  :cheers:

That tailgate ruins that one for me. Don't get me wrong, it's nicely done, but I want my jeep trucks to say Jeep across the back.

Two fuel filler doors.

The well done XJ conversions are my goal to beat.

That tailgate ruins that one for me. Don't get me wrong, it's nicely done, but I want my jeep trucks to say Jeep across the back.

Two fuel filler doors.

The well done XJ conversions are my goal to beat.

Looks like they bobbed the bed and put the back half/hatch area of an 97+ xj on there.

Too many people have done the 97up swap, its losing its coolness. Now if you really want to be different you can keep the stock front end.

Mnkyboy, the cleaned up black header panel on your Jeep does an excellent job accenting the vehicle by following the black lines of the lower panels and fender flares. It certainly stands out when I am scrolling through the forum topics glancing at avatars.

the thing about that first one (prime), is, as absolutely beautiful as it is, ( and it is), anyone with a good credit card can do it.  take a stock rust-free mj, add quality lift, tires and paint .........  done.

silver-spoon builds .....

i kinda like to see the ones that were agonized over and cobbled together more. 

I think the conversion looks good, but you gotta take it all the way and do the interior too to really make it count for something anymore.

Even though I really like the look of Prime, I agree that it is becoming pretty common. My preference is the 10 slot grilles, I even did a swap to a 10 slotter on my '91 I had. Took some minor modification to get it to all fit together while using the single piece '91 headlight doors, but that's where my heart lies. Probably because I love the look of the FSJ razor grilles so much, even more than the rhino.

I'll still continue to admire really nice conversions though.

the thing about that first one (prime), is, as absolutely beautiful as it is, ( and it is), anyone with a good credit card can do it.  take a stock rust-free mj, add quality lift, tires and paint .........  done.

silver-spoon builds .....

i kinda like to see the ones that were agonized over and cobbled together more.

Those full 1997+ conversions also include over 110 hours of labor figuring out all the little issues that come up putting the two generations together.  Which works out to a $8,800 shop labor fee at an average of $80 an hour.  So if that builder has a pile of cash they could certainly steam roll it with money instead of doing it all themselves.  When it is just swapping the header panel, fenders, and mirrors to get that exterior look then certainly it is insanely cheaper.