My new tires....

CWLONGSHOT

Just wanna show them off...no they are not on the MJ...they are for the TJ!!!

I picked them up locally from a guy between a rock and a hard place. He had only about 500 miles on them, ONE trail ride where he trashed a side wall. They where too big for his lift. He just wanted to unload and move on. I was lucky enough to be in the right place at the right time. :brows:

They are Pro Comp X Terrains in 35X12.5 X15 inch sixe. He also had a Pro Comp MUD TERRAIN as a spare as the X Terrains are directional.

Thanks for letting me show them off!!!

jamminz.gifjamminz.gifjamminz.gif

CW

Do you ever stop buying stuff?

Likely the day I die, my friend, the day I die.... :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

You can't take it with ya! I say ENJOY IT!!!

CW

Well, you can always have it buried with you. The Egyptians tried it. And even if they're wrong, at least then nobody else can enjoy it :D

because they cost more than swampers and arent as good... I have never used procomp, so that could be a lie.

I have heard good things about thier AT's. And again tires are tires, someone is always going to like one more than the other. Depends on what you want from them.

because they cost more than swampers and arent as good... I have never used procomp, so that could be a lie.

I have heard good things about thier AT's. And again tires are tires, someone is always going to like one more than the other. Depends on what you want from them.

Yup. Everybody has a different taste. And all you guys told me I would be switching from my MT/Rs back to BFG MTs :roll:

Apparently procomp has a pretty good rep for 'street friendly' non-hardcore tires. A friend of mine bought some a while back. He doesn't have a truck to put them on though...

Yup. Everybody has a different taste. And all you guys told me I would be switching from my MT/Rs back to BFG MTs :roll:

Apparently procomp has a pretty good rep for 'street friendly' non-hardcore tires. A friend of mine bought some a while back. He doesn't have a truck to put them on though...

a good rep for street/non-hardcore wheeling goes a long way.

super swampers are TRASH on the road. but i've never seen a 2wd vehicle do the stuff my bro's XJ did while the t-case was out. those SS's performed.

they (33" thornturds) got him up a hill climb with locked rear open front, 3.55s in the rain that we barely made 6mo. later with locked f&r 4.88s and 35" BFG muds. :dunno:

those tires did go bald in 1 1/2 yrs though.

I will tell you why ppl think they are crap.... they read it on the net ;) I ran a set of pro comp AT's for a yr and a half on the street and trail... no issues with them... as a matter of fact those are the tires I took to Tellico the first time :eek: I sold them after about 10,000 strret and trail miles, and the guy I sold them to is still driving on them and that was well over 18 months ago :eek: So as for them sucking.... they read it on the web.

a good rep for street/non-hardcore wheeling goes a long way.

super swampers are TRASH on the road. but i've never seen a 2wd vehicle do the stuff my bro's XJ did while the t-case was out. those SS's performed.

they (33" thornturds) got him up a hill climb with locked rear open front, 3.55s in the rain that we barely made 6mo. later with locked f&r 4.88s and 35" BFG muds. :dunno:

those tires did go bald in 1 1/2 yrs though.

I find it amazing that someone actually had good performance with thornturds.

step up to a real swamper and be amazed.

they are absolute crap on the street, but I love them in the dirt.

Thornbirds are basically an AT, everyone expects them to be a good mud tire cause of how aggressive they look, but look at how close the tread blaocks are, and how big they are. Basically ppl expect an AT to act like a MT or a bogger, and it just don't work that way

Thornbirds are basically an AT, everyone expects them to be a good mud tire cause of how aggressive they look, but look at how close the tread blaocks are, and how big they are. Basically ppl expect an AT to act like a MT or a bogger, and it just don't work that way

if its an AT its the worst one i've ever seen.

they didnt do well in the GA clay until you got em spinnin real good. (3.55s and 33s spin fast anyways haha)

My XTerrains are horrid on sidehills and the previous owner tore 2 sidewalls on them. ProComp, however, shipped him new tires for free to replace his damaged tires.

There's some good and bad first/second hand experience on em. Don't sidehill.

My XTerrains are horrid on sidehills and the previous owner tore 2 sidewalls on them. ProComp, however, shipped him new tires for free to replace his damaged tires.

PLEASE tell me how he got replacements!!! I have kept the bad one I have as its almost brandy new!!

CW

PLEASE tell me how he got replacements!!! I have kept the bad one I have as its almost brandy new!!

CW

He contacted ProComp directly, told them the situation (it was ice, ICE, that ripped them both open), they apoligized and sent him his new tires. He had less than 500 miles on them at this happening. If you get the same service, you've got yourself an extra tire!

If it wasn't for his experience, I wouldn't have bought the tires off of him. Too much lave rock around here.