To Those Of You Driving Newer Vehicles, How Do You Manage Driving An Mj?

JeepcoMJ

I find total enjoyment driving my 170K mile '86 2.5 around. Granted it does have 99XJ buckets and console with a radio connected to two speakers with an old iPod loaded with the best 70's and 80's rock. It rides incredibly smooth (old springs and new shocks :yes: ), is easy to drive and starts every day. No power windows, power locks, power seats or power mirrors, but it does have power steering! Due to the fine nature of this truck, my wife has decided her Camry replacement should be a clean XJ. 

Actually, our newest vehicle is my 03 TJ Rubicon. Technically it has a loaded interior with the 7 speaker sound system and RB1 navigation as well as an auto-dimming rear view mirror with compass. I used to DD this rig until the 35's were installed. It is still a joy to drive, and i did drive it 16hs, one way, to Ouray last summer. The problem is with economics. 35's aren't cheap, neither is fuel, for it to be used as a DD.

The TJ has a more comfortable interior when compared to the MJ as do the 97+ XJs. 

I flat out refuse the drive any vehicle with leather seats. I hate them with a passion. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The worn out ripped bucket in my MJ is the most comfortable vehicle seat I've ever sat in, period. If only it wasn't vinyl. I need to find a seat cover before symmer or I'll start sticking to it. That's incidentally why I don't like leather seats, ether. You stick to them in the heat, and they're ridiculously cold in the winter.