Timing Chain Replacement

hey ya'll. well it seems my timing chain is going bad, should all the sign of no fuel...changed fuel filter now it runs. choked out when you gave it gas, checked vacuum lines, no leak, it's getting fuel, but almost no airflow out the exhaust.  cut the muffler and cat (after checking after each cut) still chokes out.  came to the conclusion that it is in the timing.  I have done cap, roter, and plugs. but I don't know if the chain has ever been serviced.  so how much of a pita is it to do the chain?

If you have a steering wheel puller that is short enough you may not have to remove the grill and radiator, but it makes it much easier to do this job. Otherwise it is removing the harmonic balancer and the cover to get to the chain. The belt, water pump pulley, fan, and fan pulley will definitely need to be removed. Depending on what alternator setup is there the alternator support bracket that will come off with the cover.

I just had mine done (did not have the time and needed the truck running) they charged me 2 hours. Was there when they did it. They pulled all that is stated abovethe including both fans, did not have to pull the radiator. Things to think about, it will disturb the oil pan gasget and if you have an original paper one you will probably have to replace it (which can be a total bi@#$). Also a great time to replace water pump.

I just had mine done (did not have the time and needed the truck running) they charged me 2 hours. Was there when they did it. They pulled all that is stated abovethe including both fans, did not have to pull the radiator. Things to think about, it will disturb the oil pan gasget and if you have an original paper one you will probably have to replace it (which can be a total bi@#$). Also a great time to replace water pump.