Insterment Panel Switch

Thanks for the quick response. I was at the junk yard and had my son post this for me. I was able to snag the instrument cluster and a rear view mirror for $15.00

Is there any way to move the mileage back? It shows about 100,000 miles more than mine.

Thanks again

If the old cluster has idiot lights instead of gauges, you'll need new sensor/senders for temp and oil pressure. If you're just swapping a gauge cluster for a gauge cluster, it's plug n' play.

As for the second question, drive in reverse.

Actually you SHOULD certify the "not actual mileage" claim with the DMV in case you ever sell it.

I never thought about that. This gives me more reason to ask if it would hurt the new cluster if I put a drill on the pigtail coming out of the speedometer and ran it backwards until I hit the milage on my original cluster.

I never thought about that. This gives me more reason to ask if it would hurt the new cluster if I put a drill on the pigtail coming out of the speedometer and ran it backwards until I hit the milage on my original cluster.

Doing it that way, it will take the rest of your life, it will only take off miles as fast as they went on, a drill won't spin very fast. Face it, even at 100 mph, it will take a while to unroll 100k.

It isn't very hard to do, to reset one of the mechanical ones, the newer ones are beyond me.

Take a little time, pay attention to the "legs" that align the numbers, once the "number roll" whatever the official name is, is out just hold things in place, turn the digits to where you want.

I did it on mine, set the replacement speedo to the same as my original, probably took maybe an hour, or less.

Just pay attention how it rests in there!