What Exhaust Would You Run?

I'm going to be putting in new exhaust shortly and I have a few options. A friend of mine is going to fab me the pipes out of stainless, depending on the condition of the cat I may or may not keep it in. Eventually I would like to put a cold air intake in and possibly headers, just not at the moment due to cash limitations.

My buddy said to search around and let him know what I'm looking for. He suggested either a magnaflow or a flowmaster for the muffler. I listened to both online and am leaning towards the Magnaflow. I don't want a really loud exhaust system, just needs to sound quality. The magnaflow had a nice deep rumble to it, sounded nice.

So assuming you were looking to for quieter, quality exhaust system that wouldn't break the bank, what would you go with? Muffler, Cat, and what diameter pipe would you go with?

Any tips or special comanche considerations would be most appreciated. Thanks.

I have a 40 series Flowmaster, no cat and a Pacesetter header (only one made for Renix I think) and it's not too loud. The pipe exits in front of the rear wheel, so there is only one bend in the system, and it's all 2 1/4". A friend put the same system on a Grand Cherokee and had to add a hi flow cat to shut it up, seems it was louder cause the muffler is under the body not the bed.

Alright guy's thanks for the input. The internet consensus seems to be flowmaster 40 series muffler for cherokee/comanche. Flowmasters definitely sound nice, just thought it might be a little loud for my liking. I think a good cat might quieten it up a little. Ill look into thrush welding, new to me.

It is not Thrush Welding. Thrush makes a knock off Flowmaster that is about $30. They do not have the drone that the Flows produce. I have been running them for years on all my Jeeps. I made the mistake of putting a Flowmaster Deltaflow 40 on my WJ and it is stupid loud and drones inside bad. As soon as it rots off it will be replaced by a Thrush Welded.

http://www.thrushexhaust.com/pdf/thrush.pdf

I run a Dynomax Super Turbo muffler in both my XJ and MJ. I prefer the low, deep tone of them and they don't have the drone that some others are known for.

Mine also has no cat, and exits through the frame rail just under the front of the bed on the passengers side and I still don't think it's too loud at all.

• 1 month later...