Abs On 97 Comanche Conversion?

should be. if not, pull the bulb. will not affect how vehicle runs. that bulb spot has no bulb on my non-abs equipped 99.

abs is about as useful to me as airbags....those I turned off via a scanner. no way in hell I want one going off at 80+mph in a 10mph collision...and if I'm going fast, I'm screwed either way. I've seen airbags put people's hands through windshields. worthless "safety" features.

should be. if not, pull the bulb. will not affect how vehicle runs. that bulb spot has no bulb on my non-abs equipped 99.

abs is about as useful to me as airbags....those I turned off via a scanner. no way in hell I want one going off at 80+mph in a 10mph collision...and if I'm going fast, I'm screwed either way. I've seen airbags put people's hands through windshields. worthless "safety" features.

I get the feeling you have no idea how air bags actually work.

RockinMJ, here are the part numbers to get the three lines for the front and rear brakes to set it up as non-ABS. I paid less than $30 for these at the dealership.

MOPAR 52128170 - This is the small line that goes from the proportioning valve to line that heads to the rear.

MOPAR 52128381 - Proportioning valve to front left brake.

MOPAR 52127988AC - Proportioning valve to front right brake.

I have every idea how they work and they don't deploy proportionately to the speed you travel at. 10mph collision, airbag knocked me out, burned skin, bruised face. All I would have had without, it would be a strap bruise from the belt and that's it.

You don't need pre bent lines either. Cheaper to bend your own

I have every idea how they work and they don't deploy proportionately to the speed you travel at. 10mph collision, airbag knocked me out, burned skin, bruised face. All I would have had without, it would be a strap bruise from the belt and that's it. <snip>

No safety item is perfect. What they do is tilt the survival odds for MOST instances, in your favor. Glad you had your seatbelt on. Had an uncle killed in a 30 mph crash, because he did not buckle his seatbelt on a very short trip. Tossed out of the truck, his head was smashed on the blacktop.

No safety item is perfect. What they do is tilt the survival odds for MOST instances, in your favor. Glad you had your seatbelt on. Had an uncle killed in a 30 mph crash, because he did not buckle his seatbelt on a very short trip. Tossed out of the truck, his head was smashed on the blacktop.

Agree, but more than "tilt". I'm sure we all have / know similar stories. Be safe and avoid being a statistic.