Gas Tank Skid Plate

Hello. I picked up a swb gas tank skid plate and was going to copy it but make the new one long so it would fit my lwb truck. But it looks like the mounting is different in the back.

Does any body have pics of a lwb skid plat and how it mounts on a truck.

Are if some one is willing to sell there's ;)

Thank you

I have something that bolts to the bottom of my gas tank. Its plastic and provides like an inch and a half space between it and the tank. Attached with like 8 tiny bolts directly to the tank straps. What y'all think that is?

Charlie & Remi, do LWB fuel tank skid plates grow wild out in Cali? :yes: Basically non-obtaimium here.

I've only seen two at the yards, but they do collect alot of crap up in there, and so back east in rusty zones they're likely the first thing to drop off. A friend of mine had a skid on his 94 Toyota that was "imported" from his son in Virginia. Two of the four mounting points were completely gone, he ripped it off...the rest of it had rusted so badly it was not worth fixing.

The one I sent you was completely caked an inch thick with D.G. (aka "decomposed granite") kind of a gravelly sand that is used on roads instead of salt up in the Sierras (snow zone) yet not rusty at all. I think they just rust out and fall off in the rust belt.

Charlie & Remi, do LWB fuel tank skid plates grow wild out in Cali? :yes: Basically non-obtaimium here.

Both of my LWBs had the metal skid tanks. This one had some dried mud in it but a good wash and rattle can enamel will bring it back to "like new".

Both of my LWBs had the metal skid tanks. This one had some dried mud in it but a good wash and rattle can enamel will bring it back to "like new".

Remi, do you know if the standard plastic skid was installed on the tank under the steel skid plate on your LWB models? It would not fit when I mounted the metal skid I got from Charlie. All the SWB metal tank skids I've seen have both installed. Just curious..............

Remi, do you know if the standard plastic skid was installed on the tank under the steel skid plate on your LWB models? It would not fit when I mounted the metal skid I got from Charlie. All the SWB metal tank skids I've seen have both installed. Just curious..............

To my knowledge, and by observation, I don't think a plastic plate was installed but both trucks were twenty-something when i acquired them so I can't say what might've been there originally. I would think a plastic skid plate to protect the metal skid plate doesn't make much sense unless it's more of a mud shield or something like that.

To my knowledge, and by observation, I don't think a plastic plate was installed but both trucks were twenty-something when i acquired them so I can't say what might've been there originally. I would think a plastic skid plate to protect the metal skid plate doesn't make much sense unless it's more of a mud shield or something like that.

Guess I worded it wrong. I meant the plastic plate next to the tank, then the metal plate on the outside. I wondered because I've seen the SWB models like this and because the studs that hold the plastic piece protrude through holes in the metal piece.

I have something that bolts to the bottom of my gas tank. Its plastic and provides like an inch and a half space between it and the tank. Attached with like 8 tiny bolts directly to the tank straps. What y'all think that is?

Gravel shield. They all had that ... unless they had the factory skid plate.