Need tire advice ASAP

What tires should I buy?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What tires should I buy?

• 215/75/15 All Terrain KO's
    • 235/75/15 All Terrain KO's
    • 215/75/15 Long Range T/A's
    • 235/75/15 Long Range T/A's

Costco is running a special on BF Goodrich and Michelin tires this week. You get $60 off a set of 4. I was all set to buy the BF Goodrich All Terain K/O's in 235/75/15 but they couldn't do it. The computer said I could only use 215/75/15's in the K/O's. I could get the Long Trail T/A's in 225/75/15's, but NOTHING in 235/75/15.

My questions are:

1) Are there any fitment issues with 235/75/15's on a stock 1988 4x2 Comanche? I want to fill the wheel wells of my truck, but I don't want the tires to stick out. I'm coming from stock 195/75/15's today, so anything will be an improvement.

2) Since I'm changing the profile of the tires, will I need to adjust my speedometer?

3) Since I do NOT go off road, would I be better off with the Long Trail T/A's?

Thanks in advance.

P.S.- Costco's prices were:

215/75/15 All Terrain KO's - $412.99 Installed including /tax

235/75/15 All Terrain KO's - $461.18 Installed including /tax

215/75/15 Long Range T/A's - $299.95 Installed including /tax

235/75/15 Long Range T/A's - $377.96 Installed including /tax

I am a big fan of the Radial Long Trail's.

they are an excellent rain tire. Consumer Reports

has been giving them very high ratings for years.

I use both of my Jeeps as dailey drivers.

so, I run Long Trails. Although, I also have a set of

M/T Baja Claws.

I go to the Badlands with my Long Trails

and never had a problem. I also took them

to Superlift Off Road Park in Arkansas.

No Problem.

They're not good for rock crawling

but, have held up well to my abuse.

...BB

No offroading? No plans to go offroading?

Get the Long range T/As. Will they sell them to you in a 225/75R15? A 215 doesn't look too good if you ask me. But I'd be hard pressed to justify the extra cost for a 235 if you'll never leave pavement.

Oh, and I've found 235s tend to rub the control arms just slightly at full steering lock. That's on the alloy 10 spoke (or whatever they are) 'turbine' rims.

No offroading? No plans to go offroading?

Get the Long range T/As. Will they sell them to you in a 225/75R15? A 215 doesn't look too good if you ask me. But I'd be hard pressed to justify the extra cost for a 235 if you'll never leave pavement.

Oh, and I've found 235s tend to rub the control arms just slightly at full steering lock. That's on the alloy 10 spoke (or whatever they are) 'turbine' rims.

I don't plan on it since it's a 4x2 right now and a 4x4 conversion is sort of far off. I'm really more interested in a good overall tire and according to the reviews at Tire Rack, the KO's are a great tire. It might be a tad noiser, but heck, I'm talking about a "basic" Comanche with ribber mats and no sound deader material to be seen. A little road nosie is probably not even noticable.

As for the look, I'm using the 5 (or is it 6?) spoke Grand Cherokee wheel that has the grey paint between the silver "spokes" They are concave wheels unlike the convex 5 spoke wheels that have "JEEP" cast into them.

I think I can get 225/75's in the T/A's, but not the KO's, but I'll have to check... My only problem with the T/A's is that I HATE the design on the black wall side of the tire. It has some sort of weird block design around the parameter of the sidewall. I really like the KO design, though 235's might be a bit too aggressive for my 4x2...

Unless I'm giving something up with the KO's (dry/wet/snow performance) over the T/A's, I'll probably spend the extra $100 on the KO's. If the T/A's are a much better tire for non offroad work, they might be the winner...

I think they'd be similar on road, the KOs are very well mannered. The ride on the KOs will be a little harsher, and a little louder probably (you won't notice) and they probably won't do quite as well in wet weather, or ice.

But not much different. If you like the look, go for them.