Selling Entire Inventory Of Old Jeep Dealership - Georgia

Those sales can be a blast, or a headache. In 1957 the BOP dealer in Raton shut his doors. He had been in business since 1932. In 1962 they had an auction for everything. The building, fixtures, shop equipment, spare parts, everything. It was pretty much of a one man show as I wound up with 95% of it. Then came the headache,,er,,I mean the fun of doing something with all that stuff. Try getting rid of over 400 fan belts, radiator hoses for '30, 40, and early 50 cars without a parts catalog. I had a permanent ad in Old Cars Weekly for 6 months. Anybody need a fuel pump for a 55-57 Chevy? How about a oil pump? I finally trash canned most of the points, condensers and other tune up parts. Still got a couple boxes full of the stuff. :doh: :hmm:

Wow. Out of all that no NOS bumper or anything? Bummer.

I talked to him and he said he had aready sold the bumpers. He said he made his money back in the first week. He also mentioned that he kept most of the good dtuff for his own self. He's wanting $500 for those ARB D35 lockers.

Those sales can be a blast, or a headache. In 1957 the BOP dealer in Raton shut his doors. He had been in business since 1932. In 1962 they had an auction for everything. The building, fixtures, shop equipment, spare parts, everything. It was pretty much of a one man show as I wound up with 95% of it. Then came the headache,,er,,I mean the fun of doing something with all that stuff. Try getting rid of over 400 fan belts, radiator hoses for '30, 40, and early 50 cars without a parts catalog. I had a permanent ad in Old Cars Weekly for 6 months. Anybody need a fuel pump for a 55-57 Chevy? How about a oil pump? I finally trash canned most of the points, condensers and other tune up parts. Still got a couple boxes full of the stuff. :doh: :hmm:

I 'cleaned out' a dealership with a friend,

and he did maybe 6 or 7 others on his own.

All for AMC stuff & whatever else the made him take as part of the deal.

He had 2 of the 'coffin nose' mid 70's Ambassador hoods.

Mint-mint NOS, and he couldn't give them away lol!

Also had every tune up part and filter imaginable for that short lived AMC built Audi/VW design 121" 4 cyl.

It's amazing some of the stuff dealers have buried in their back rooms.

I'm hearing you. The exact same thing happened to me on an IH dealership. I had several boxes of hoses, belts, spark plugs, tune up parts etc... I couldn't give the stuff away. But, the 3 thirty pound jugs of R-12 was a different matter... 10 cases of oil with lots of the zinc still in the formula.... gotta take the good with the bad.