99 Xj Wiring To 90 Mj Tail Light Harness

On 9/15/2020 at 9:44 PM, Swampy said:

Well I got it done. Almost everything is ran through the oem mj harness. had to run an extra wire to make the pass side rear turn signal function properly. It is currently routed along the pass side frame rail but may extend the wires so it goes down the driver side frame rail with all the other wiring.

extra wire ran how and what problem did it solve  ? 

6 hours ago, MiNi Beast said:

extra wire ran how and what problem did it solve  ? 

passenger side turn signal is what it solved. I had hazards when I spliced the tail light connector but no turn signals. Had to run an extra wire to separate the turn signals and I ran it to the pass side harness in the cab. 

7 hours ago, Jongat88 said:

can I get any diagrams u used because I'm having a hell of a time I got a 95 harness a 98 dash and I'm putting it in a 89 mj. easiest way I was told was to strip the entire xj (95) and strip your entire mj. then put everything from your mj in the trash and put the guts of the xj in the mj. it's been a battle mostly because I'm picky and wanted a 97+ interior. other then that it's been time consuming but easy. 

what's the plan for getting the 95 computer to talk to the 98 gauges?

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/16/2020 at 5:47 AM, Pete M said:

what's the plan for getting the 95 computer to talk to the 98 gauges?

I don't know. I did think about it I can run all new then just leave the speedo be because it is not a street leagal truck. it gets trailered to the trail of pit. the steering is way scary on the asphalt any was. do you know of a programer that deletes all the emissions stuff without hurting the hp. I live in alaska and no emissions here plus every thing else you don't want on a strictly off road mud truck