Column Shift Question

I have an 89 Pioneer with column shift. The gear indicator is located in the dash gauge.

Can anyone tell me what year they moved the gear indicator from the column to in the dash gauge?

I saw a pic of an 86 comanche with it on the column itself.

Also, does anyone know what other vehicles may be equipped with said shift column?

I am having a hell of a time trying to find one. Mine is all broken due to theft.

I want to say that having the gear indicator on the column is a modification. Not entirely sure about 86s though.

Apparently a similar column is used on GM trucks. I do know column shift XJs are rare though. Really sucks that someone had to come mess your truck up, but sorry I can't help more.

Mine's an MJ Pioneer.....

Someone told me police XJs had column shifts for shotgun placement.

I bought the truck with the column jacked already... I was hoping to replace the broken column.. I really don't want to convert it to floor shifter.

Some of the experts here told me that column shift MJs are NOT that rare in another post.

I specifically need the complete ignition with the column cover ( The whole piece under the steering wheel that goes completely around the column), as well as the metal piece the column shifter is attached to. (Which also goes all the way around the column). But I will settle for purchasing the whole column with shifter and keys..... not sure how hard it is to get the pieces only.

Geez....I tried to link a photo, no go. Tried to bring in the code...no go. How the heck do you post pics here???

You need to use the url of the picture itself. Usually you can get that by right clicking on the pic where it's posted somewhere else (like on the flickr page. Some hosts will also provide you with the links, but I've never used Flickr so I can't help you with that. I do know that when I click on your link, and then right click your photo, it gives me size options. I choose one, and it takes me to a page with the resized pic, and I can right click on the picture there and get the image address.

Geez....I tried to link a photo, no go. Tried to bring in the code...no go. How the heck do you post pics here???

there was thread about how to post pitures, but I cannot find it right now.

from memory, sign up for an account with an online site to post your pictures. I use Comanche Club Image Hosting

Have CC.com open and the other site open in your browser. As you write your messages, jump to the site with your pictures. Copy the link with the tags IMG. Jump back to CC and paste the link.

Hope that helps.