Cleaning Nasty Greasey Dirty Parts!!!!

Anyone have any advice on cleaning parts besides a solvent tank? I was thinking clr, lime a way, purple power? There is so much caked I have to get off obviously scrap what I can I know I'm not gonna get everything by hand that's why I wanna soak and get the stuff clean.

I've used the kitchen sink, and the bath tub. Jim is right. There's a lot to be said for some Dawn and very very hot water.

Another option is to buy brake cleaner by the tub. I believe Napa still sells it. Then get a small pump sprayer and your set to clean anything.

Also, restaurant supply stores will have the proper actual 100% full power "Purple Power", not the weak stuff that's on the shelf at auto part stores. Its a strong chemical cleaner that will clean anything but will also give you very serious chemical burns.

But if you really want to clean a lot of real dirty parts. Just go get a parts washer from Harbor Freight. It'll run you about $100 plus $35-50 for 10 gallons of cleaning solution and it'll last a real long time. Its much cheaper in the long run than if you counted up all the small bottles you buy over the counter.