Looks like Rusty's makes MJ springs now

DirtyComanche

I saw those. Was considering them. They're about the only ones makeing full springs. I certainly wasn't going to order the LA kit ;)

I was looking at the 3" setup, and ten some 3" coils from somewhere else. At least then I couls stuff these 31's I'm thinking mabe going WJ LCA's so I can get rid of the rub

Product mostly. They actually gave me pretty good customer service, although between having my Canadian accent and Rusty having that southern accent, there was a lot of "Pardon?" and "Sorry, say again?". They ship UPS, and if I do it over I'd find somebody who'd ship with another currior.

But anyways, they can't weld. They also don't know how to operate a metal brake, as one of the brackets they gave me was bent past 90*. The LA kit has a lot of flaws, and few of them scare the crap out of me. Powdercoat sucks (if you care). A lot of their stuff isn't too well thought out (check out their bar pin eliminators). Oh, they didn't mention the LA kit had never been put on a comanche. Certain products have a really bad rep, such as their track bar. There's other things too.

However, their springs are good - as they aren't made in house. And a lot of their other stuff is certainly acceptable. I'd just stay away from their critical suspension components.

For that kinda coin, you are not far off from what a custom set form Alcan or Deaver would cost. Also keep in mind, that these springs are made for general use, and not for your specific vehicle like Say a set of Alcans are. I Know a few ppl who are running RE, Rusty's and Skt Jacker springs, and by far the springs I got from alcan are the most compliant of any I have had the pleasure/displeasure of riding with

There's no doubt that Rustys has had some quality issues in the past, but they are cheaper than other manufacturers so you can think of it as getting something for your money with the more expensive companys like Rubicon Express. Some of the stories I've heard about Rustys' products have involved rigs with more lift than the bars were designed for, and I remember one XJ owner that had issues with the front arms after running them hard for like a year. Rustys is what Rustys is, products that are usually cheaper than the rest of the market. Buy accordingly.

I have Rustys' front 3" coils (180#) and track bar bracket (but not the bar) and aside from the rust (although *everything* rusts on my truck so it's not like you'll even notice the coils) I very much like what I've got. Admittedly, I do keep an eye on the bracket. :roll:

Jeep on!

--Pete

I have 8" rustys xj coils in the front of my death trap along with thier adj. lowers also the drop track bar bracket, and adj bar and i have no complaints whatsoever. I had the parts on my old xj for half a year and on my mj for a year now and they have not given me anyproblems. the springs really didnt sag at all and the bushings in the arms still look like new. I dunno i like em and would use their products again. Derek

I wasn't bashing Rusty's stuff. As a matter of fact I run Rusty's coils up front. I was saying for a hundred bucks more, you can get a better product.

I do know of 2 other ppl who are running Rusty's LA's, and I have not been impressed with the issues they have had.

My personal dealings with them is their Customer service is lacking, and both times I ordered from them, it took like 3 weeks to get my stuff. Normally when I order from other companies, I get stuff in less then a week, some times in as lil as 2 days.

BTW DHL rules as far as shipping. Faster and cheaper :D

I've got Rusty's AAL in the rear of my MJ and I've been very happy with it. I don't have any personal experience with their packs, but I know a guy with a Scrambler with Rusty's springs all the way around. He said the bushings suck, but that thing flexes like mad! :shock:

I don't need new packs right now, but I'd definitely give them a try in the future.