Project Red (Big Pictures Dial Up Beware)

Duner

It has been a long time coming since first joining the comancheclub but I have finally coordinated the digital cam and the laptop to get the photos into Projects.

Humble beginings 1990 MJ 4.0 5sp 2wd

18 months later the project is closer to completion much to my father's help and understanding 1st 3.5" skyjacker now 6" SOA D44 and rusty's adjustable uca/lca, 305/70/16 Dick Cepek tires mounted on 16x9 Moto Metal 951's, D30 front axle skyjacker trac bar and steering stabilizer

Our first real offroad outing www.generalsams.com for more info

Texas Auto Gear performed the spring perch relocation on the D44 rear axle for us.

King of the little mountain

Got Mud?

How about this new Rhino Lining it's cheap and easy to apply!

This is the result of not having locking diffs fortunately and older J20 comanche was able to help us get out of the mud hole

For those wondering about what stereo speakers will fit in their MJ's

6x9 Sony X-plods in stock 4x6 location angled to fit in sheetmetal opening with 3/4" spacer on panel.

one 4 channel amp driving two 6x9 in panels and two 6" in doors

This 10" Punch has been replaced with a 10" pioneer slim sub in a box fitted between the seats

Now for something totally different

Would you belief a 1956 cab over Jeep?

You see something different everyday on the trail.

The truck spends more time wheeling me to school so the Moto Metal wheels were a street choice thing. My dad wanted to stick with 15" wheels either mickey thomp classic or classic II's or even the black rock crawlers like on his 05 TJ he said the 15" tires were cheaper. Dads are always watching their wallets - he said if I bought the wheels he would buy the tires so there you have it.

As for the Rusty's upper and lower control arms they function well, but they are not made out chromemoly steel but they are very thick and heavy steel for the street driving and mild trails they work great with a smooth ride and good articulation even with the sway bar in place. If I were going offroad most of the time I would opt for long arms.