Salt Water and your Comanche!

you plan to drive through salt water? My MJ has lived less than 2 miles from the Gulf of Mexico for the past 23 years and it does not have any major rust issues. or at least the frame is rust free anyway.

Well, I'm in the gulf now so glad to hear it! You can never be too cautious you know!

I live right down the road from you and all I can tell you is pressure was the undercarriage of your truck EVERY time you get on and off the beach. I have buddies that didn't take care of there truck after we would all go fishing and stuff. One of them has a 2006 z71 and his whole frame looks like a peice of ply wood does after it has been sitting out side for a year and all the layers are seperating. He also has holes straight through his bed the size of a soft ball. I would spray the undercarriage with a good rust ressistant coating and go back over it once a year, and like I said befor stay on top of spraying the vehicle off really good after the beach.

so to summerize it all up.

1: Wash, wash, and more wash. soapbox.gif Every trip to the beach.

2: Repeat step 1

Got it! Thanks all! :drool:

Just living here, all I would really have to do for prevention would be to coat the undercariage. Could get all sorts of fancy and do the whole underside of my truck in Rhino Line! You know, that way I could have the protection from the salt and the rocks I don't climb! :thumbsup: