brakes acting odd

this only happens every now and then, but If my MJ has been unused for a day or two, after i start the MJ and and the first couple times i barely tap the brakes it acts like the brakes lock up, but it usually stops after it has run for a few min. and the brakes work like normal.

I the only brake modifications i have done was upgrading the BB and replace the Master Cyl with what ever was attached to the newer BB.. I pulled a BB from a WJ and a 97+ XJ, I do not remember what combo I ended up with, all i know is the brake petal is a inch or so farther out than the clutch and gas petals.

I still have the Prop valve.

thanks,

I have had the same thing on damp mornings, but I don't attribute it to "flash rust" -- whatever that is. I think it's because the lining material absorbs moisture and swells up. This makes the brakes, particularly the rears which have a self-applying "servo-assist" feature, highly sensitive until a couple of stops dries out the moisture.

Feel like its the front or rear that are locking up? If its rear may have shoes wet with brake fluid. Check for failed wheel cyls.

But usually you will only have one wheel doing it.

if it feels like all of em, could be something entirely different. Like what shelby and eagle

mentioned.

Feel like its the front or rear that are locking up? If its rear may have shoes wet with brake fluid. Check for failed wheel cyls.

But usually you will only have one wheel doing it.

if it feels like all of em, could be something entirely different. Like what shelby and eagle

mentioned.

it feels like the rear is locking up, but after i drive around some it stops. but my Jeep does pull to one side a little when brakes are applied. I am not losing any fluid however so if a cyl failed i am not currently losing fluid.

I already had some new rear brake shoes once i get new drums i was going to replace the rear brakes all together, i have already replaced the springs and the self adjuster on both sides.

• 3 weeks later...