What years of cherokee front body panels will work?

I'll call it the grill surround. It's that fiberglass panel in front of the hood and above the grill. On my 92 comanche it's cracked. What year cherokee panels can i use to replace it. I'm sure Jeep changed it sometime just have no idea when.

Thanks,

Gavin

in or around 92 they changed the body style a little bit to the squared off look, so don't get anything before 91 or it will be for the round-er look. the other guy has the years right, and it is a header panel. So all in all, the other guy had it. Just wanted to throw that bit in there about the body style! :D

I dunno what starkizer is smoking...... But any header panel '84 - '96 can be made to work...... The body lines are the same. It's the mounting hardware that differs. '84 - '86 bolt to the fenders a little differently than '87 - '96. Some minor differences in bezel/grill pieces and how they screw on as well..... But again, it can all be made to work.

Body lines changed in '97 - '01.

To answer the original poster's question, a '91 - '96 header panel will be a direct replacement for his '92.

I dunno what starkizer is smoking...... But any header panel '84 - '96 can be made to work...... The body lines are the same. It's the mounting hardware that differs. '84 - '86 bolt to the fenders a little differently than '87 - '96. Some minor differences in bezel/grill pieces and how they screw on as well..... But again, it can all be made to work.

Body lines changed in '97 - '01.

To answer the original poster's question, a '91 - '96 header panel will be a direct replacement for his '92.

Body lines changed in 1997 -- Correct.

'91 - '96 is direct replacement for '92 -- Also Correct.

The '84 - '90 (or maybe '89) header and grille look the same from a few feet away, but they ARE different. On the early ones, the horizontal trim piece across the top of the grille and headlight bezels is a separate piece (three separate pieces, if you include the headlight bezels). Those pieces attach to the header panel. Chrysler changed the design to make those integral to the grille and headlight doors, and the Chrysler design thus requires a different header panel.

If you ONLY need the header panel but your grille and headlight bezels are intact -- get the 91 - 96 header. If you also need a grille and headlight bezels, you can go either way, but you have to get all the pieces from the same range of years.