Surging/Bucking just above idle

Hello fellow Jeepers,

I have been driving my MJ around recently and for the most part it has been running beautifully, but for one problem: there seems to be a 'dead spot' on the throttle immediately after I press the accelerator pedal. It is more noticeable if I press the pedal harder, but if I hold the pedal in this specific spot the truck's RPM feels like it drops (can't be certain because I have a dummy cluster) and the truck bucks and misses constantly but does not stop running. It only surges at speed, but if I tap the throttle, it also seems to drop in RPM very quickly when it's parked. The fuel pump was replaced in April. The throttle position sensor was replaced earlier this week, and replacing it seems to have eliminated a seperate (possibly related) surging issue that happened at cruise speed. I've done a little bit of digging and it seems that it could either be an issue with the ignition system, an oxygen sensor or a MAP sensor. Could anyone possibly help me here?

Recent work done:

New fuel tank - it's been doing this since before the tank was replaced

New transmission fluid and filter

New throttle position sensor

Refurbished tailgate handle - Anything's possible I guess :???:

Thanks in advance for any help. :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

As I said, it's not surging anymore - the new o2 sensor cleared that right up. As for the TPS I don't think it was adjusted but it seems to work and test fine. Plugs and wires were replaced about two weeks ago. Rotor and cap, not sure.

The truck is running fine now.