Interior light bulb

New here and almost embarressed to ask this question since you all might question whether or not I should have a comanche. Is there a secret to geting to the light bulb on the interior post lights? I'm a little leary of prying on 20 year old platic lenses, but have to get some illumination in the cab.

Thanks

Gavin

92 Comanche

I promise I'll post a picture and more information once I get a few minutes.

New here and almost embarressed to ask this question since you all might question whether or not I should have a comanche. Is there a secret to geting to the light bulb on the interior post lights? I'm a little leary of prying on 20 year old platic lenses, but have to get some illumination in the cab.

Don't try to pry the lenses out..as stated above the whole fixture will come out of the pillar if you gently pry it out..held by 2 plastic clips built into one end of the fixture. Then you can remove the bulb from the side..While it's out, clean up everything, especially all the contacts. Good Luck.

Welcome aboard!!

You are wise to be leery of prying on 20 year old plastic. The tabs

that hold the light assembly (not the lens as pointed out) seem

notoriously brittle. I've been batting about 50/50 at the JY, many

are already broken. However, there is a suitable replacement light

available, if you're not stuck on exact originality.

Work it like an eggshell full of black ink over your wife's linen tablecloth.

How about some details on your 92?

Thanks for the cautions and guidance.

The comanche is a 1992, 4.0L HO with automatic trans, 4WD, and Air conditioning. It is green with a biege interior and bench seat. I think it has been repainted some time in its life. The build date is 2/92. It has not been raised and is generally unmolested. I haven't measured the bed but I think it's a long bed.

It has very little rust that I've found so far but I really haven't had a chance to pull the carpets yet. Looks solid from underneath.

I don't know how much I'll actually get to use it since my two teenage daughters are already fighting over it.

Gavin

No pictures yet, waiting to wash it then shoot some. Was there something specific you wanted a shot off? Please don't tell my truck is stolen and it's really yours.

As a follow up, The bulbs were fine. I wasn't able to get the lights out (chivken) so I just flipped the lens back and forth about 20 times each and they started working. Guess the contacts in the light housing are coroded, but they're good for now.

Gavin