Comanche bench seat swap-in

Hey all,

I'm new here, and haven't taken the time to post an intro or pictures of my truck (which I plan to do soon). Anyways, I've been tossing around the idea of a new bench seat (which my truck needs BAD), and was wondering if anyone here has done one, and what they used. I'd do the captain's chair swap, but I bought a truck with a bench seat for a reason. ( :roll: ) The drivers side sags terribly, as in my little sister that barely comes up to shoulders sits higher than me. It's awesome when you're driving a girl around and she sits several inches higher than you because there is no seat support left. :nuts:

Thanks for any input.

The floor brackets are specific to Comanches so if you go with a different seat, like Ranger for instance, you'll need to use MJ brackets or fab something up. The simplest solution would be to have your seat reupholstered at a local shop and have the cushion built to your specs.

Thanks guys! I didn't think of the ranger bench. I'll probably go with that one. :cheers:

edit: @Remi: Wouldn't that cost quite a bit?

You'd have to check a couple shops but to have the OE seats in near perfect condition would be a nice feature for the truck. I would guess a quality job will be $250-$350.

http://www.comancheclub.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=36300&hilit=ranger+bench

Here's some info on a ranger bench seat swap; also there's info in there on the dakota bench seat swap. Both are good options, but IMO I like the ranger seat better because the bench is even with the buckets.

FYI the Dakota seats sit level too. Mine don't because I wanted the buckets to sit lower which isn't an option with the Ranger seats.