Fuel injector leaking questions.

Fuel injector leaking questions.

I have a renix 1988 jeep Comanche 4.0. I have just put a pacesetter header on and installed everything back and I am leaking fuel out of the top of the fuel injectors where they go into the fuel rail. My guess is maybe the o- rings are bad? But all of them are leaking.

I feel like it might be time just to put new injectors in completely. I have search on which injectors to get that will be plug and play but am having trouble on with ones will be a nice up grade and will not need a adapter.

I need recommendations and Ideas as to the leaking fuel rail. I also put the snap clips back on and at first I thought they were not seated right but after messing with them it looks as if the are idiot proof.

Also if I do just get new upgraded injectors will some body point me into the right direction as far as vendors or places to buy them and how much they might run.

I guess I'm missing it, it doesn't say if the injectors he has listed for my truck are upgrades from new oem. I would like the four hole ones. Also are there vendors on the other forums that sell them for cheaper that a rebuilt, cleaned, tested and warranties them?

I guess I'm missing it, it doesn't say if the injectors he has listed for my truck are upgrades from new oem. I would like the four hole ones. Also are there vendors on the other forums that sell them for cheaper that a rebuilt, cleaned, tested and warranties them?

The injectors listed for your truck on the precision injectors site are Bosch 4 hole upgraded ones, not the Siemens single hole OEM pieces of poo..

What kind of oil to you recommend? Also I cleaned the intake with brake cleaner when I had it off of the head to put the new header on. I also noticed yesterday some of the new gasket over laps the hole but I don't think it is enough to touch the injector. Is this somthing I should be worried about or will it burn off?

What kind of oil to you recommend? Also I cleaned the intake with brake cleaner when I had it off of the head to put the new header on. I also noticed yesterday some of the new gasket over laps the hole but I don't think it is enough to touch the injector. Is this somthing I should be worried about or will it burn off?

Engine oil.

you do realize that the precision injectors aren't new.they are used, tested injectors with new o-rings and pintle caps.i bought a set last year from him.

Yes I never said I bought brand new ones. They are referbs. But I feel confident in them after talking with a sells person and watching the video of their cleaning and testing process on their website.

I have bought a set and been very happy with them.

For 6 new injectors you're looking at over $300.

I bought 3 sets, one set for each Jeep. Couldn't be happier.

Did you see an improvement in mpg? Also throttle response?

I just did this two days ago on my comanche. New injector O-rings and new(er) injectors from a 91. The HO injectors fit just fine and the rig runs great.

Two of mine were actually split and leaking, and a couple of the other ones were leaking at the O-rings.

Don't bother with engine oil or other lubricants, just get some vaseline or petroleum jelly and use that to slather the o-rings before you put them on the injector. It makes the job so much easier. Put the injectors into the fuel-rail FIRST, then slide the clips on, then slide the injectors into the holes on the manifold.

Make sure you clean everything really well, including the holes in the manifold. Now is also the time to replace the O-rings in your fuel feed and return lines too, since those will leak eventually as well.

I have bought a set and been very happy with them.

For 6 new injectors you're looking at over $300.

I bought 3 sets, one set for each Jeep. Couldn't be happier.

Did you see an improvement in mpg? Also throttle response?

Throttle response, yes. Idle quality, yes. MPG improvement, no.

Got the new injectors in. Question, the blue

thing on the end of the injector, is that a cap that

I'm suppose to pull off or part of the injector? It has a hole

In on the end of it and I can see the 4 holes in the

Injector.