Rear tires rubbing in the back..?

I have a problem..

When I go over a bump at about 30 miles an hour, I hear some rubbing in the back.. I took a look back there and I can see some of the metal on the frame (bed?) is rubbed off where it looks like the tire is making contact..

I have the alloy wheels (not sure what they are called, but with the little Jeep on the outside) and size 265/75/15 tires.

Is it because of my tire size or.. what?

Thanks!

A 265/75-15 works out to 31.6" diameter by 10.4" width. Most 31s are around 30.5" in diameter, so these are approximately equivalent to a 32x10.50.

On stock rims, the inner sidewall is very close to the sheet metal and to the springs. I ran 31x10.50s on my '88 for a couple of years with factory rims. I didn't have any problems on the street, but any time I took it trail riding I came home with rubber marks on the inner fenders at the rear wheels. Any spacer will alleviate this, you don't really need more than about 1/4" to 3/8" to keep a 10.50 from rubbing in the rear.

Awesome, thanks guys!

What is the size spacer that most of us MJer's get to match the front? Was it a 2"?

The most common, high quality spacer is Spidertrax 1.25". They are hub-centric and, if you go to their website, you'll find "blemish" sets for sale for about $20 less which do not sacrifice quality or performance.