chevy 63's?

any thoughts on chevy 63's anyone out there ever done this swap?

d'oh. :doh: I knew that too. stupid brain :fs2:

MJs leafs are only like 54 inches long so the chevys would be too long.

i know they be to long. and would have to re mount the spring up further but anyone done it before i know the 63s flex pretty good. on the mjs its usally the front doing most the work on the flex the rear yeah does okay just not enough to keep up

i know they be to long. and would have to re mount the spring up further but anyone done it before i know the 63s flex pretty good. on the mjs it's usually the front doing most the work on the flex the rear yeah does okay just not enough to keep up

My leafs flexed from one maximum to the other, no problemo. even had an extra main leaf shoved in there to help reduce spring-wrap. My personal view is that a many guys are running a front end that's a bit too flexy for most terrains. and combine that with almost no weight over the rearend, you get an unbalanced system.

but either way, before going all gung-ho on fabbing in new leafs, find the spring rates of both and compare. :thumbsup:

The chevy springs that I TRIED to use had an offset center hole. I tried to drill a different hole...no go with my equipment. I called several machine shops who said they were not set up to drill through a 3/8" thick spring. The only option was a diamond tip bit...nobody had one.

I gave up and just used a S-10 main with the eyes cut off.

Why was it easier to CUT the spring than DRILL it... :dunno: