2.5 Clutch Line

Anybody know where to get one? Rock auto shows one but for a 4.0 not sure if its the same?? None of the local parts places have it either. ie Napa, Autozone, Oreillys, etc......

EDIT Rock auto lists one for an 87 2.5. Would that be the same and work for my external slave??

The problem is that the '87 2.5 has an internal slave, while the '86 2.5 has and external slave.

I am in the process of redoing the hydraulic clutch system on my '86 2.5 and have purchased that clutch line for an '87. See below for the differences:

The general shape is the same until you get to the end of the line. The new part (top) is the replacement for an '87 while the bottom is my stock (slightly bent) '86 stuff. The flared fitting at the end of the '87 line is male while the 86 is female. My hope is to use my tube bender and reshape the end of the '87 replacement line and find a hydraulic line splice to mate the '87 line to the 86' slave line.

Thats exactly what I did Warrior. Got a line from an 89. Same one as your showing though. Everything fit except for the end. I just made an extension for mine. I called everywhere and it seems the line for an 86 is no longer available.

From your pics now I know what that white cone is for. I wouldnt think it would last long being that its plastic and having to hold up to the heat. Any idea what the foam ring and metal ring are for??

I got plenty of slaves in the past and this is the first one I've seen those 3 things included in one.

I am pretty sure all 2.5L had the external slave....

Nope. external 84-86, went internal in 87 with the introduction of the 4.0, and back to external around 94 when the 4.0 went external.

All 2.8s will be external.

From your pics now I know what that white cone is for. I wouldnt think it would last long being that its plastic and having to hold up to the heat. Any idea what the foam ring and metal ring are for??

I got plenty of slaves in the past and this is the first one I've seen those 3 things included in one.

I assume the white cone is a bushing of sorts for the clutch fork. Not sure what foam ring and metal ring you are referring to.

I am pretty sure all 2.5L had the external slave....

Nope. external 84-86, went internal in 87 with the introduction of the 4.0, and back to external around 94 when the 4.0 went external.

All 2.8s will be external.

Yup I rarely deal with the 2.5L engine, I grouped it in with the 2.8...

you live in vegas... your set.

Take line off... take to house of hose out off boulder highway.. they will put new rubber line in it and it will be like new. :)

HOH wanted about $80 and 3 days to make one. I got the 89 hose for $30 and another $3 for an extension line to make up for the goofy bend just like what Warrior showed.

Now I'm just curious what those 3 pieces are for that came with the slave.....

That figures......

Guess I'll order one just for a spare seeing as how everybody either had no listing for it or said they were discontinued.

Thanks for the info Don. :cheers:

EDIT: Hey Don, correct me if I'm wrong but I looked at the parts manual on page 135 #20 there is a different number showing.....

Am I looking at the right line or something different?

It only shows up in the 81-86 parts manual. It's specific for the 86 2.5 and 2.8.

11 TUBE ASSEMBLY ***

2.5L Four Cylinder

5200 0069, 1, 1984-85

5300 4247, 1, 1986

2.8L Six Cylinder

5200 0069, 1, 1984-85

5300 4247, 1, 1986

$80!!!!! wtf. to re rubber your old line? must have miscommunicated with you or something. They rebuilt 2 AC lines for me for 30 each.

A short piece of brake line clamped onto your old metal should have been about 20 bucks.

Thats odd.

$80!!!!! wtf. to re rubber your old line? must have miscommunicated with you or something. They rebuilt 2 AC lines for me for 30 each.

A short piece of brake line clamped onto your old metal should have been about 20 bucks.

Thats odd.

Yeah, they are out of their flippin minds for that price. There was no incentive to pursue it further than the phone call.

Nobody has a clue of those 3 extra pieces for the slave???

Just live here Don and you'll learn to concentrate with that stuff around. :thumbsup: :rotfl2: