any one with pics of?

Temp. sender : L.S. rear cyl. head (1 wire ) Oil sender: @ oil filter adapter . Plug & play , remove old , replace with new. Tach. will most likely need to be re-calibrated ( "search" tach. pot adjustment ) Normal idle 8-1200 rpm . Hopefully you bought cluster from 88-90 MJ/XJ , if not return/exchange it . comanche.gif

Well I got the gaugr cluster from an 87 4cyl....and I went from a gas gauge to a rpm gauge but everything works except the oil pressure and coolant temp sensor

And that's because with idiot lights, the oil pressure and coolant temperature sensors are NOT sensors -- they are simple, temperature actuated ON/OFF switches. The sensors for the gauges are variable rate resistors. All you have to do is go to an Auto Zone, Pep Boys, Advance Auto, or NAPA store and buy the sensors for your year and engine with gauges, then replace your existing switches with the new ones.

As already noted, the coolant temperature sender mounts on top of the head, at the left (driver's side) rear corner. The oil pressure sensor mounts to the block adapter where the oil filter screws on.

Look directly to the right of the distributor, you'll see a small sensor with a one wire connector on it. That's the sender. Be very careful when removing and installing this, the threaded part is pretty small and easy to break. Same goes for the coolant sensor.

I'm gathering the goodies to do this swap.

I will be replacing this switch with the taller sender.

This is where its at on my '88 2.5L

dscn6875l.jpg

Looks like you need a valve cover gasket, distributor gasket and motor mounts, too.

A good oil filter would be a nice addition while you're at it. Not an Orange Can Of Death..