87 Comanche 4x4 w/ Wildernest Camper - Lubbock, TX $4500

lthixson

Lifted 1987 Jeep Comanche 4x4 w/ Wildernest camper.

This Jeep suffered an engine fire and was totaled by the insurance company. It was rebuilt using the drive train, interior and front clip from a 2000 Jeep Cherokee. It now has a salvage title.

4.0L (120K miles), Auto, 4x4, Short Wheel Base, power windows, power locks, AM/FM/CD/MP3. Power steering, power brakes, cold A/C. Dual gas tanks (18 gal and 21 gal). 3rd brake light conversion. Runs and drives good (no wobble).

4.5” lift SOA, adjustable lower control arms, Bushwacker fender flares. Custom front and rear bumpers, front skid plate, rock sliders. 16” Moab wheels w/ 33” Nitto Grapplers.

No rust (driver side floor board has been repaired).

Wildernest camper looks like a normal topper but opens into a tent. This Jeep has the potential to be an awesome expedition vehicle!

Issues:

No cruise control

No airbags

Emergency brake is not connected (I have it)

Check engine light is on

Right window needs help rolling up

Squeals for 30 sec after start up

Wildernest tent material is thin, front window is plexiglass, one side window is broken, rear lift gate doesn’t lock.

This Comanche is located in Lubbock, Texas (about 2hrs south of Amarillo).

I'd love to just buy the truck but my funds and wife won't allow it, I'm even going to be half way there in the next week.

:hijack: But how did you go about the 2 gas tank deal? I'd really like to do that to mine. Assume you have a toggled hot line to switch between them with the rest of the wiring spliced together and tees in the fuel lines, but does the fuel return just go to one tank? Oh my wheels are turning, how to mount the second tank, where to fill it from... You have some good pics of the mounting/filling locations/wiring/plumbing or just want to write us up a project thread :oops: ?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived