Anyone running Rough Country 8000 shocks?

I'll be lifting my '91 MJ using 3.5 lift components and rear add-a-leaf. I need to figure out shocks.

Bilsteins would be my first choice, but I can't justify the expense.

Read some good thing about the Heckethorn/Rough Country 8000 series hydro shocks.

Anyone running these? Anyone have part numbers so I can start shopping? So far, the couple places I've tried locally don't show listings for Comanches.....

I know Hell Creek sells the RC 8000 so I may hit them up.

• 2 weeks later...

After having every piece of Rough Country hardware I owned failed by 20,000 miles, some less than 10,000 miles, I can not recommend any of it for serious use. Some of it failed in ways that could have caused roll over wrecks at high speed.

I hear ya about "white body" shocks....... was hoping Heckethorns were better than the generics made by Deutsch Tech for all the other cheap companies.

My MJ will be 90% daily driver, street driven and only rarely used on the easier trails in Colorado. I have a buggy for the hard stuff and an XJ on 35's for the moderate stuff.

So, If the Heckethorn/Rough Country shocks give a good ride/good street characteristics without riding like a buckboard like Pro Comp 3000's and Rancho's do, then the Rough Country 8000's would probably fit the bill.

Anyone have them and can elaborate on the on-road performance of these?

What really chaps my hide is that I REALLY like the Rubicon Express twin tube shocks - I have them on my XJ. I called Rubicon and they don't have any listing for MJ's for any of their shocks. They told me to call them with measurements and they'd match some up.

That don't do me much good when I need them when I install the lift, not after.

I have the 9000 shocks and they suck on a 3" lift. One rear blew out after 4k miles and I only haul motorcycles. One front shock squeaks like crazy when cycled. Other than that they work fine but I don't plan on them lasting very long.