Interior Problems

Hey everybody!

Just got my first car on saturday, 1992 MJ Base "Big Ton" 4x4, but the two interior lights on the sides of the cab do not work. Does anybody know how to fix this?

Thanks

it also could be the position of the light, they have 3 modes, off, door triggered and on (right?) depending on the position they are pointing: upward, straight ahead, downward (not sure what positions correspond to what mode.)

if all that looks good and they still don't work try this. my cooper contacts were tarnished badly so i took some tarnish remover and a Qtip. with a little scrubing with the Q tip and rinsing everything works great

Even if you looked at the door plungers and the lights themselves, you might try a Scotchbrite pad on everything you can get to. I just did a complete rehab of everything in this system except for the fuse panel. I even re-bent the contact surfaces on the light fixtures themselves.

Shine up the bulb contacts inside the light. If you look really close you'll see the little rollers inside the fixture. Clean those up. Worked for me. I used a dremel brush on low.

It's always this. The lights always end up with poor contacts. Try pulling the lights, taking a bit of emery cloth to the contacts, and putting them back in. I would bet money on it.

Rob