Hello i've got an 87 Comanche Renix 4.0/aw4 that I want to build a stroker for. I have the engine that was in the truck before we put this engine in that is now not running good. So basically from my research for stroker motors, this is what I want to do.

1: 1987 block, bored .30 over

2: 4.2 crank with 4 counterweights, and 54mm nose

3: 4.0 connecting and push rods

4: the Keith black 944(?) pistons

5: I have no idea for a cam, I would like to get good power but get around 16 mpg or better

6: 95-96 HO head

7: 99+ intake

8: stock header with good flowing exhaust

9: ford 5.0 injectors

I just want to know if this is correct for a stroker. And since I have a Renix 4.0 now, do I need to do any thing to the computer or electrical to do a stroker or is it stroker ready? I plan on doing all the work myself except the machining on the block.

I can't say if it'll be good or not....depends on what you want to use it for.

Honestly, I think the best thing you could do is call up Hesco in Birmingham, AL. They're good folks and will shoot you straight. They are the nation's forerunners in stroking the 4.0L. There a several members here who have stroked motors from Hesco and from several other engine providers who can give you good advice. There are several good manufacturers who sell stroked crate motors.

A stroker is in my future, I've got the same 258 crank you mentioned patiently waiting in storage. Its just waiting for the right time. One day my MJ will have a larger displacement engine...I'm taking it slow though, and have been researching and educating myself on this.

Check out http://www.angelfire.com/my/fan/stroker.html, the last link is very good I thought.

I'm using the Hesco RV-O-B cam. Good grind for decent street manners with a slightly higher lift over stock. Has a little lope to it at idle so you know it's there. I get around 14 in the city and a solid 20 on the highway. But there's many many other factors besides the cam of course that affect mileage vs. performance.

I'm using the Hesco RV-O-B cam. Good grind for decent street manners with a slightly higher lift over stock. Has a little lope to it at idle so you know it's there. I get around 14 in the city and a solid 20 on the highway. But there's many many other factors besides the cam of course that affect mileage vs. performance.

Does your truck really come alive when you put your foot in it?

I may just be stupid but I cannot find a search feature at jeepstrokers.com. :dunno: So if someone could answer my question or direct me to the search, that would be very helpful. :D

Their search is broken.

Go to Google, type in a search like this.

site:jeepstrokers.com search terms

The general answer is yes you can just drop a stroker in place with little changes besides fuel injectors.