transmission, power windows, and bed liner

I put a bunch of questions together so that it would not clutter up the main pg and to save some clicking time, thought it might be a good idea. :idea:

Manual to Power windows.

Can i take the guts out of an xj from the same year and use them in my mj so that i can have power windows? I have torn apart my MJs door and put them back together several times so i am not new to it. and i have wired power windows up before in another project, AND i know that XJs and MJs are more or less identical from the cab foward, but i want to just double check before i get waist deep.

AX-15 to AW4 swap

Anybody done it? Should I pull one from a junkyard? Do i have to mess with the computer? What size stall/torque converter? What has to be converted?

Bed Liner

i have a heavy duty "drop-in" liner, but it has a LOT of gouges and wear, under neath it my bed is in darn near perfect condition ZERO rust, just a hand full of places where the hard liner rubbed on the bed and has wore through the paint and is on bare metal.

What, if any, bed liners have you used? Is there some other kind of protective coating i can apply and just put the Hard liner back in place? I have done some research, but it is inconclusive.

thanks for the link,

after reading through it from what i can understand, going from a 5spd to an auto REQUIRES a totally new harness, but other than that its pretty simple. just take off the old and bolt on the new.

I figure if i can just pull the wiring harness out of the donor, my entire engine bay has be cleaned out so i have TONS of room to work with. Even if i use an AW4 out of an XJ, the harness "should" be identical right? minus the few extra plugs for the transmission.

If i don't go with the AW4, and need to reuse the AX-15 where can i find a complete rebuild kit for it? sycros are going out and dropping in an ultra torquey stroker motor isnt going to help matters.

Is there anything wrong with your AX-15? Do you want to sell it and Where are you located?

If you drive reasonably it performs flawlessly, effort less shifting, very smooth, its just when you romp on it you can hear the sycros grind pretty bad, 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd are the worst, but it still shifts fairly easily and stays put. I will tell you, I have ran the piss out of this transmission, DD, offroad, some hauling and have never had any problems, save the sycronizers.

If you are interested in buying, i am interested in selling. Middle TN is my local. I would like to get enough out of it to pay for at least half of an AW4 swap.

The transmission is still in the truck, but the bed, engine, and wiring harness have all been removed, so dropping it should be a cake walk.

94 was the beginning of the external slave. It's a nice option to have, but not something to hold out for if it's a must-have-now kind of thing.

99 was the last year for the AX-15 in the XJ. 00 and 01 got the NV3550.