HOW COME NO ONE EVER DOES ANYTHING RIGHT EXCEPT FOR ME??

89MJComanche

I am sorry. I am on a rant this morning.

Have Columbia Service Partners Water and Sewer Line "Warranty"

I got it because I have an ancient gas line that is going to need replaced.

In the mean time I have had them repair my sewage stack (iron pipe cracked) and they came back to replace a few leaky water line shut off valves just because the guy pointed it out to me.

When the put the valves in place they did not point them in the direction that you can put your hand on them to turn them (previous plumber did not either) but the point is why can't you just do something right?

I had a Midas shop do a repair to a broken shock mount on my XJ and they did the welding to my Jeep without disconnecting the battery. The damn Jeep went from getting 16MPG to getting 9MPG in the course of a half hour. Since then I have had every engine code in the book thrown by the computer. I replaced a few sensors, but the simple fix to this fawking problem was for the IDIOTS at MIDAS to have disconnected my battery.

So I file a claim with them and they don't even respond to my inquiry.

I just get so damn frustrated when other people do things for me that I pay for and they don't do them right.

Why do I feel like I am the only person who ever does stuff right or satisfactory for my self? Perfectionist mentality or what??

I COMPLETELY sympathyse with your argument and opinion!! :cheers:

I seem to have to do everyone's job for them!!! Its the little things that get me......I don't want to get started. :roll:

Buck up, double check things and don't go back to where you got screwed.

There are alot of people who take pride in there work and do a good job. You just haven't been doing buisness with any lately!!!

CW

In dealing with and talking about building contractors, we have a saying: "Nobody has time to do it right the first time, but everybody seems to have time to come back and do it over."

It's actually amazing just how universal this is. It's a mindset and a business model that I can't get my limited mentality to embrace. It might take a whole extra 30 seconds or a minute to align a valve correctly when you install it, but to have to send a man with a truck and the equipemt back to remove the valve and re-install it probably wastes anywhere from 2 to 4 hours. Do the guys who messed it up the first time ever get FIRED for not doing it right? Rarely. I can't understand why not.

The same is true of auto techs, too, of course. That's why I buy shop manuals and do every single job I possibly can myself. I can trust my work, and if I have to do something makeshift, at least I know where it is, how it was done, and WHY it was done. That way I can correct it at the next opportunity. Too many shops cut corners and do things that make their job simpler this time, but make subsequent repairs much more difficult. I have no use for techs who do that kind of stuff.

The last two times I trusted a business were the people that put my motor together, which had a rodknock as soon as it began to run, and the people that installed my stereo and ran the mring for the amp over the valve cover, across the entire engine bay.

I don't trust anyone trusted any of my trucks, not even my beaters that I try to destroy.

Prime example of this is going on at work. We run low sulfur coal in our power boilers, and we have 2 main suppliers. Well they sent us some coal that must ahve came from a strip mine cause the size of the coal was 4+" square (sontracts specs nothing bigger the 2" square) They ship 80+ cars with out of spec coal. The comapny I work and the supplier came to a settlement.... The supplier will pay for all labor to sort the coal ( we hand sorted coal and rocks for 3 days) then they brought in machinery to do this. We will continue to run coal this way until they install a coal crusher in our conveyor sytem.

The equipment rental to sort the coal is roughly 500 bucks an hour (including operator) We have sorted through 10 cars in 4 days... and I have worked 24 hrs so far this week, and I am schedule to work 60 more before next Sunday.... You can't tell me it wouldnt have been cheaper to refuse shipment and to but the coal from another supplier