4x4 Gone???

Out of no where, my 4x4 doesn't work anymore.... the light doesn't come on and the front tires don't spin... In 4wd low, I can hear the TC spinning like normal but the front axle doesn't engage.

I had this problem on my first MJ, and that was a vacuum line... I'm not sure on this one...

Out of no where, my 4x4 doesn't work anymore.... the light doesn't come on and the front tires don't spin...

......and since it's all worked by vacuum, something isn't connected. Look under Jeep at front axle. Do you see the vacuum harness hanging down? Connect vacuum harness to axle.

I had this problem on my first MJ, and that was a vacuum line... I'm not sure on this one...

It's very common. Especially if you don't spend much time under the Jeep. Somewhere in that vacuum connection is the problem.

go buy a used 96 and up xj single piece pass side shaft, then USA alloy tube seals. make a cover to cover the hole when you throw away all that $#!&ty CAD stuff. i then cut my lines running from it and shot some silicone up in there so the light doesnt come on. of course youll have to swap the drivers side too since it won't work with alloy seals. shafts are like 15 bucks a piece down here.

ideally your supposed to change out an inner seal when swapping shafts to newer single piece but USA seals do the job too. even though thats not what they're intended for. however you could just go buy a whole new d30 from a 96 and up (for the bigger ujoints) xj and be done with it. its worth the money IMO and probably run you about the same as new shafts and those usa seals. plus as i tell everyone i know local that continues to run CAD axles. when you break that shaft, i doubt many people will have a spare for it on the trails. and when you try to run a single piece one to get you out, first uneven ground, your diff fluid will go everywhere. not good.

of course all this could just be me, being, well me. but id rather do it and not ever have to worry with that pointless $#!& again. especially if you actually go offroading