press brake pedal and inter lights come on?

Ok this must be a common prob, when I press the brake all my lights inside the cab turn on, my 86 2.5 5 speed did it, and the 87 4.0 5 speed that I picked up also does it, anyone else have the same problem if so how did you fix it? I'll take a vid and post it up here in a bit.

Brake lights are searching for ground. Remove your left taillamp and check the ground wire. Remove it, scrape the paint off, polish up the terminal and reattach securely. Gotta start somewhere.

XJs and MJs all suffered from a poorly and underdesigned ground system. Easy to fix and costs under $20 and an hours time.

Both have done It sence the day I got them. Both were purchased from different peoplebut have same problem. I tryed cleaning up the grounds on the 86 and didn'timprove anything, ill give it a go on the 87 today sence ill behome with the sick kiddie. Thanks guys ill keep ya posted.

So i disconnected the turn signal switch and now my dash lights don't come on when i hit the brakes, I can't tell if my brake lights work till my wife gets home from work tho. I'm sure they should still work, but ya never know. Went ahead and cleaned the ground behind the tail light sence I was out there and it wasn't that bad, looks as if the PO knew about the ground issue.

Will keep you updated, thanks guys :)