best place to buy good u joints?

Hi guys. I recently bought an 88 4.0 ba10 long bed mj. It had drivetrain vibes from 35 on up. Front u joint was bad. Autozone can't even get em but oriellys had em. So upon install i found that they don't fit quite perfect. Especially when i put the driveshaft back in. The two tabs on the rear pinion that hold the caps I'm center arent even touching the caps..... so i need to know the best place for quality joints. :help:

Stock drive shaft u joints?

Autozone can get them, and usually has them in stock.

I have a local business that sells Spicer u joints. Better than anything else affordable from personal experience. That's also what was in there from the factory.

Only "cheap" ones that are worth anything in my opinion are Spicers. Hard to pickup locally anymore as the "big name" chains no longer carry Spicer. We have guys driving an hour or more to our shop to pick them up all the time as we seem to be the only place around here that stocks them.

Ordering online may be the best bet; what you'd pay in tax most of the time covers shipping cost.

I found a place in town that sells them and am gonna head there tomorrow, but when i told him a couple of the caps went in pretty dang easy he told me to bring the shaft too so he can have a looksee (they service and build driveshafts too). I figure why not since its a 'two' piece. And i'm still getting vibes.

Thanks for all the help!!

The shop I had my driveshaft shortened at put in Spicer joints. They had Dana and Spicer posters all over their walls. Total bill was $102, $15 for each joint. I haven't purchased them separately, but $15 sounds like a good price for a joint.

The shop I had my driveshaft shortened at put in Spicer joints. They had Dana and Spicer posters all over their walls. Total bill was $102, $15 for each joint. I haven't purchased them separately, but $15 sounds like a good price for a joint.

Yes it is. Last time I bout some house brand joints I payed 11 maybe?

• 2 weeks later...

thanks for all the input. I took it to the shop and since i was there told him to balance it as well. So when i went to pick it up he said that it was bent but all is better now. The balance and spicer u joints fixed the vibes