1991 Comanche turbo diesel

Hi,

I am new here and just wanted to share my Comanche project. I have a 1991 Comanche 4x4 with a AX-15 manual transmission, the original 4.0 H.O was removed after i blew it up and i replaced it with a 1982 Mercedes OM617 5cylinder turbo diesel (i get approximately 35+ miles to the gallon). i use several different types of fuels from AG diesel, hwy diesel, veg oil, biodiesel, used motor oil and kerosene!! installing a propane kit and intercooler next month. The truck also has 4 inch lift, ford 8.8 rear end with 4.10's front and back (really want a long arm suspension kit $$$$$).

Currently i am trying to figure out how to install a dual battery system....well, more like trying to fit the extra battery some where? I'm thinkin' either on the drivers side or put both batteries in a battery box and put them in the bed of the truck...any ideas????

i will get some pictures up as soon as possible.

Currently i am trying to figure out how to install a dual battery system....well, more like trying to fit the extra battery some where? I'm thinkin' either on the drivers side or put both batteries in a battery box and put them in the bed of the truck...any ideas????

Here is the Mean Green dual battery setup (now discontinued); but gives you an idea...

meangreenxjbattray_1.jpg

hey! sorry out of the game for a bit. the wife and I's dog got salmon poisoning and almost died. so, i was preoccupied with that situation. typically it is fatal if not treated within 10 days, but he is a cattle dog and a bad @$$ and doing a 100 percent better.

Anywho...i will get some pictures up for you guys tomorrow, its looking like i will be replacing the bottom end of the diesel. took a compression test and everything looked okay until the 5th cylinder which only had a 220psi reading. it should be around 425-300psi, need to sleeve block and new rings.

But on a new idea? have any of you guys ever swap out the vacuum brake booster and replace it with a hydroboost system? i know Vanco make systems for jeeps, but they are pricey!!! i was thinking of taking one out of a 1995 Chevy astro van? need to figure out which master cylinder to go with it. any ideas gentlemen?

invested in a dual battery tray (wrangler NW dual battery tray for XJ's), Painless wiring dual management and optima red top. if i am changing my system from a 12volt to a 24 volt what else would i have to do? anyways, get some pics up by tomorrow.

thanks in advance for the advice.