Mj Roll Bar Lights

Hey I am going to be doing a restoration on my 89 and would like the original roll bar Lights, Does anyone have any info on them/brand/ etc, and obviously brand meaning who made them for chrysler, I have a set on there now, and they appear to have an oem style plug on them, and what appears to be like a batman head if that makes any since at all lol.

0904111507a.jpg

The batman shape is really a cats head, they are made by Marcel.

Close. They are the original French Marchal lights. Good quality lights. When the supply started drying up, AMC Jeep went with a similar looking light mfg. in the US, with the lens stamped ROL. These were pure junk, rusted out quickly and are mostly gone now. :cheers:

sev-marchal-78870204.jpg

Close. They are the original French Marchal lights. Good quality lights. When the supply started drying up, AMC Jeep went with a similar looking light mfg. in the US, with the lens stamped ROL. These were pure junk, rusted out quickly and are mostly gone now. :cheers:

sev-marchal-78870204.jpg

Close but no cigar, at least Marcel sounds French. Thanks for the correction.

I was the proud owner of both lights. My truck came with ROL lights from the factory on the front bumper. My truck didnt come with lighs on the roll bar. Don is right about the ROL lights. The truck had pretty low miles yet the ROL lights rotted away on the inside. I found a set of 850 Marchals and replaced them. I like them a lot but I don't use them much. There are two models of Marchals that were on Jeeps if I recall correctly. The Marchal 750 and 850. I think the 750 is closer in size to the ROL lights and the 850 is slightly larger. 850 was used on the FSJ's. According to my factory parts manual from '87 - '90, only ROL lights are listed as factory parts on the front bumper. Marchals are listed in the accessories catalog. But I don't know if that means anything. So you have two choices with those crappy bathead fog lights. Tear them down and take care of them. Then get some covers for them or sell them to me. jamminz.gif Here are 850's on my '87. They are a little crooked so ignore that.

Wow you guys are great. I never would have guessed my lights are correct to the jeep almost 20 yrs later. And they are really bright also I just figured they were replaced at some point. Thanks again for the fast replys. Now I just need to find some nos covers. Now next question did they come with plastic or vnyl covers?

They were plastic and from what I can tell, they were white similar to mine. I may be wrong but I am basing it on a line drawing I have seen on an accessories catalog. The last example cover you show is for the ROL lights. If they fit the Marchals, it would be pure luck. I believe they have NOS 750 covers on ebay every so often.

sev-marchal-78870204.jpg

But the Marchals were the bumper-mounted fog lights, not the rollbar-mounted off-road lights. I think those were Dick Cepacs or something like that. They were significantly larger than the foglights, and they had a very different light distribution pattern.