double d

87manche

Until my 90 MJ is finished, my driver is a 97 Chrysler minivan. Pluses: we are the original owners so I know its entire history, gets a consistant 25 mpg on the highway, accelerates and handles great for being a minivan, heat and A/C function just fine, can load a couch or fridge into the back and close the hatch, hauls axles and tires with aplomb (could also carry 7 people if I ever put the seats back in it). Minuses: only a couple hundred miles from 200k, needs a new wheelbearing, rear hatch no longer stays up, drivers side middle door doesn't open, lights no longer come on when you open the front doors, stock foglights long ago died, stock headlights SUCK, gauges mysteriously shut off, engine mysteriously shuts off (but no relation to the gauges), various fluids leak, wipers are haunted, radios likes to pop or go silent at random intervals, and some other minor issues. But on the whole, it's aged better than any of the MJs I own. :D

I love it and I see myself owning a minivan for the rest of my life. I can't get enough of the stow-n-go seating and power doors in my parents' new van. :D

well, I got it to start and drove it from the neighbors to my driveway.

91 civic dx, 130K miles, 4 sp auto.

not a bad find for $200.

the bad:

it's totally bare bones, no ac, no power, not even a center console.

It's gona be nice getting 35 MPG.