Door handle mechanism is broken

I heard something snap when I pushed in the button to open the driver's door and now the button won't work the mechanism. Does anybody know how to fix this. And how in the bloody hell do you get to it? I've taken the door panel off but can't figure out how to get it off.

Should I just look for a new door because the lock was popped out and the metal around it bent so it won't hold a lock now.

It's OK. I got it fixed. I had to take the door handle off. It's held on my two nuts which are accessable from a hold on the end of the door and a hole on the inside panel. the end of the rod that works the latch is bent at a 90 degree angle and I was able to just push that back through the hole it popped out of. There's a piece of plastic that sort of hangs down and I'm guessing that some sort of guide but not sure. I hope I got that right. The handle button works now so I'm not going to worry about it but I am curious about what made it pop off in the first place.

Must be. I'll limp along with it like it is and see if I can figure out another way to keep it in place. There's also a piece of what looks like some sort of spring that one end broke off up. A spring that looks like it's there to make something pop back up into place. I didn't feel like taking the other door apart to look at that side. I guess if I need to at some point I can go to the junk yard and find another handle.

Any chrysler dealership or jy for sure will have those plastic clips. Once you see one intact and in your hand you'll understand how to replace em. I always keep a few spares on hand cause they always break. especially when it gets cold.