Replacing stock air box

As long as you don't need to pass emissions like pete said you can remove them all. I have all my vacuum lines plugged and my egr blocked off. Cleans up the engine bay a bit and makes changing the air filter a lot easier. :wrench:

Do all the vacuum lines just get plugged? This thing is a rats nest.

do you have emissions inspections in your neck of the woods?

If all the vacuum lines are removed, does that include the charcoal evap/vent canister and what would a person do about the fuel tank venting?

As long as you don't need to pass emissions like pete said you can remove them all. I have all my vacuum lines plugged and my egr blocked off. Cleans up the engine bay a bit and makes changing the air filter a lot easier. :wrench:

My EGR hose is completely disintegrated so I doubt it would pass emissions as is anyway. How did you plug them off?

I left my charcoal canister in for the fuel tank venting/smell seeing as how it isn't really in the way anyway.

For the EGR valve you can remove it and make a simple plate to block off the hole, or just leave it in and plug the line coming from it. There is a rubber elbow that comes off that can be plugged with a small machine screw and some rtv(and point it down so you can't see it unless you know its there). There is also the vacuum port coming out of the intake in the front, I simply take a piece of hose and loop it connecting the two ports together.

My egr was sticking causing an extremely low idle when cold, after disabling it my idle went up to 1,000rpm so I had to turn down the idle screw a hair.