Small Lift

Go to AutoZone, go in the trailer section (hitches and such) get the Chevy drop shackles for $40, you will need to trim some of the bushing off, but not much. Get those for the leaf springs, then order some 2" coil spacers online. I fit 31" tires with little rubbing on lower control arms (31x12.5x15)

Search ebay for the seller blacktunaroll he sells true 2" coil spacers for around $45 shipped. Most spacers are advertised as 2" but only measure 1 3/4". Also if you buy the shackles as bignuke suggested you want the smaller of the two they sell. They will measure 7.5" bolt to bolt. The shackle bolts are 1/2"x 4 1/2" long and get some nylon lock nuts to go with them. This should only cost you $90-100 bucks for a 2" lift.

Place the 2" spacers below the OE coil isolator to truly add 2". Otherwise you will only gain about 1.5 ". Some sites like JEGS or Quadratec sell Cherokee 2" lift rear shackles and require no trimming off the sides of the bushings in order to fit.

Place the 2" spacers below the OE coil isolator to truly add 2". Otherwise you will only gain about 1.5 ". Some sites like JEGS or Quadratec sell Cherokee 2" lift rear shackles and require no trimming off the sides of the bushings in order to fit.

Sorry to disagree. The spacer goes at the top...the new isolator (I say new because it's likely old and squishy) and then the spring. That is the way all the installation guides I've seen, hard to the body, rubber to the spring.

I got a true 2" and maybe more (like an extra 1/2 inch) with new isolators.