Light snow removal with MJ..

I have a chance to get a Snowbear blade pretty cheap. Just want to do my driveway along with family and friends drives.

Any problems and/or concerns I should be aware of if I mount this on my 89 MJ? Thinking about putting a Lockright type locker in the rear- it can't hurt. Looks like it won't be a hassle to remove cradle in the spring for any wheelin' activities.

Thanks!!!

I prefer an open rear on snowy pavement. Less fishtailing. But then, I don't have a real locker back there, just a crap-tastic 27 year old Ford posi that isn't strong enough to help offroad, but strong enough that I might as well have a spool in the snow. :(

Jeep on!

--Pete

There's a gas station down the road from me that does his lot with an 86 MJ 4-banger. And I know a guy near my brother who did a route plowing driveways with an MJ for several years and had no problems. He wrecked the second MJ and replaced it with a Chevy 1500, but only because he got a deal on it and couldn't find another MJ at the time.

I don't think you'll have any problems. Locker won't hurt. I prefer limited slip, but the locker is better for wheeling and in snow there's not much difference in the way they act so go for it.

Thanks for the responses.

Since I already have a 4" lift on it, looks like I'm going to score some 32x11.50 MT for the truck since the 31's are pretty much shot. :wink:

Hopefully I can get the rear end taken care of too in the next couple of weeks.

Thanks for the responses.

Since I already have a 4" lift on it, looks like I'm going to score some 32x11.50 MT for the truck since the 31's are pretty much shot. :wink:

Hopefully I can get the rear end taken care of too in the next couple of weeks.

Hint -- wide tires SUCK for plowing. On my old full-size Cherokee I tried both stock 235/75 R15s and 31x10.50s, and the stock tires were far better for plowing.

Wide tires tend to float on the snow and don't give enough "bite" to push the white stuff out of the way. Narrower is better. Put 32x11.50s on a light chassis and you won't go anywhere behind a plow.