What seats would fit the Manche?

Ideally I am going to find buckets out of a Cherokee, but if some leather ones from a Grand Cherokee came across, I would snag them up. But I was wondering about seats from a different vehicle. I can fab something up if I have to, anyone have a pic of the seat brackets? We have a Subaru Legacy in our scrap yard and the seats sure do look comfy.

Use a little imagination. You can make anything fit anything but sometimes the results just aren't worth the trouble or effort. I have taken bucket seats out of several model GM and installed them into a J10 and J20 with good results. The only buckets I ever installed in a MJ were out of a XJ.

I wanted a seat that folded forward so I could access the rear floor. Used stock MJ bucket brackets I found ii the JY. Then found excellent XJ 4 door seats and Crappy 2 door XJ seats. As I recall I took 6 or 7 buckets to the auto uphostrey shop had them put together parts and pieces to make a great pair of buckets. Also had them install a large pocket on the back of each seat using left over seat back material. Cost me $200 in labor.

You can make just about anything fit. Just look for comfortable seats and adapt them.

Unless you're 2wd and never plan on going 4wd do not get front durango seats. The seat base is very wide and I'm remoulding the trans tunnel to fit them in there. The best option would probably be either early xj seats, mod the newer 97+ xj seats/wj seats. I know alot of the guys on NAXJA with the newer xj's were saying that swapping bases would allow a wj seat to directly bolt in to newer xj's.